Landlord Insurance

What is landlord insurance?

Landlord insurance in the UK is essential for anyone looking to protect any risks to their property when leasing, renting or letting to tenants.

Landlords insurance will provide cover from several risks you may face when letting or leasing a property.

It’s worth noting that that standard home insurance may not cover your property which is why you will need different cover which can also be known as buy to let insurance.

What is the best insurance for landlords?

The best insurance for landlords will be the policy that covers your for all your requirements.

If you have tenants who may be at risk of losing their jobs then rental income protection is a must, if you own an old property it may be at higher risk from burst pipes or fire risk – speak to us and we’ll be able to advise on the best insurance for your needs.

Do I need landlord insurance?

We would always advise landlords to get insurance where possible – your properties tend to be your most valuable asset and with a number of risks that can occur within them it’s vital you have the necessary protection and cover.

How much does landlord insurance cost?

Landlords insurance can start from just £15 per month and in return will provide tens of thousands of pounds worth of cover for a landlord and your property.

Just like any other forms of insurance depending on a range of factors will determine how much you will pay for your landlord insurance and policy.

What does landlord insurance cover?

There are a range of covers for a landlords insurance policy this can included repossessions and evictions, landlord building insurance, legal expenses, loss of rent, accidental damage, landlord emergencies such as damage to the buildings or contents as well as fire, flood, water or storm damage.


I would recommend to any landlords in Birmingham to ensure that they have the best insurance available to them. After working with Barrows & Forrester to secure the best policy for me and my property I had all the relevant cover for a minimal amount each month that was barely noticeable with my rental income.
D. Goode
Birmingham City Centre Landlord

What would you do if:

Damaged Belongings

Your property and belongings were damaged and needed to be replaced?

You Can't Pay The Bills

You lost your regular source of income and couldn't pay the mortgage or rent?

Tenants Stop Paying

Your tenant stopped paying the rent and you need to pay the mortgage?

Get your insurance quote today by calling 0121 296 2600 or 01543 226322

Get your insurance quote today complete our contact form below

  • You must be 18 years or older to register for our property matching service through this website ("Service"). From time to time we will send you information about properties that we feel may be of interest to you and/or provide you with information about our valuation services. Our Privacy Policy and Notice describes how we use your data, who we might share it with and what rights you have.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.